Tuesday 6 April 2010

Karmann Ghia Cabriolet Type I 1957-1974

Cabriolet Type I 1957-1974


What is your favorite car of all time?


Karmann Ghia Cabriolet Type I 1957-1974


Following the success of the coupe, the Karmann Ghia Cabriolet Type 141 was introduced in September 1957. With no roof, the body wasn't very rigid, so Karmann reinforced both the body and the chassis. The folding top was very easy to put up and down, a turn of the knob above the rear-view mirror released two hooks that secured it to the windscreen frame and the convertible top could then disappear, neatly folded, behind the rear seats. Between 1957 and July 1974, 80,881 Cabriolets were built.


If you would like to find out more about the classic Karmann Ghia art featured in this guide please click here.

Thank you for reading my guide and I hope you found it interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment